Dragon Age Inquisition Fires Up The Imagination

Nicholas Jimenez, Contributor

Dragon Age 2Dragon Age: Inquisition is an action role-playing video game developed by BioWare and published by Electronic Arts. It is the sequel to Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II, the third major game in the Dragon Age franchise.

One of the best things about this game is that it transports the player back to medieval times.  Another great aspect about this game is that the player can customize the way a character looks, from his/hers gender, to race, to the type of class.

The main characters of the game include the inquisitor/player, the protagonist of the game and leader of the Inquisition; Cullen, commander of the military forces of the Inquisition and former Knight-Captain of the Templar Order, who served at Kinloch Hold and the Gallows; Elder One, a mysterious entity who is served by the Venatori and the Red Templars; Josephine Montilyet, advisor to the Inquisitor, a skilled diplomat and an old friend of Leliana; Leliana, advisor to the Inquisitor, the Left Hand of the Divine and, depending on player choice, former companion of the Hero of Ferelden.

Leliana leads the clandestine division of the Inquisition responsible for espionage and assassination. Finally, there is Morrigan, a witch of the wilds, a shapeshifting apostate mage, and former companion of the Hero of Ferelden. She disappeared at the end of the Fifth Blight and reappeared years later as the arcane advisor to Empress Celene.

The Inquisitor/player also has followers that join him/her on his or her quest; their names are Warden Blackwall, Cassandra Pentaghast, Cole, Dorian Pavus, Iron Bull, a Qunari, Sera, Solasm, Varric Tethras, and Vivienne. The Inquisitor/player is allowed to pick three of these companions to join him or her on a quest and at any given moment The Inquisitor/player is able to change them out for one of the others.

All these unique characters, I believe, help to create one of the best games I’ve played in a long time and I would definitely play it again.