Girls Soccer Team Falls Short

Danielle Proctor, Editior

As the school year approaches an end, the girls’ soccer team wraps the season with a total of four wins and three losses out of seven games.

The girls made it to the championships playing against the Riverside County Military Academy in Moreno Valley, who went undefeated for the season. Our girls lost 2-6 in over time. Yahaira Bulsulto made the two goals for March Mountain. The girls were disappointed in themselves, but soon after realized that the season wasn’t all about winning.  It was also about playing with people they enjoyed being around.

“It went well. I thought we had a chance at winning the tournament, but at least we made it to the championships. I guess we kind of ran out of gas, but they’re a great group of girls I enjoyed being around them,” –Gary Peckels, girls soccer coach.

“It was a learning experience… at first we were weak as a team, but towards the end we came together,” –Alondra Gonzalez, senior soccer player.

“It was fun and stressful towards the end,”-Valery Valdez, junior.

Most of the girls are looking forward to playing on next year’s team and coach Peckels is also looking forward to it. Coach Peckels hopes that he has more time to practice before the season starts next year. We at March Mountain will be cheering on our team as they thrive to be undefeated next season.