M. Night Shyamalan Breaks the Box Office

Christopher Jackson, Contributor

Night Shyamalan has yet again produced and directed another great movie and added one of his most signature twists at the end of the film Split, out now in theaters.

This horror film keeps the audience guessing as the story plot unfolds. If you want to see this film with some friends then you are in for one heck of a treat. The story plot written by M. Night Shyamalan was brilliant. The plot for the story is… ” Though Kevin has evidenced 23 personalities to his trusted psychiatrist, Dr. Fletcher, there remains one still submerged who is set to materialize and dominate all the others.”

With a plot like that it is no wonder this movie was number one in theaters for two weeks in a row! Even the box office rating for the movie is still number one, topping the charts above other movies such as The Rings, A Dog’s purpose, and Hidden Figures.

The film is something that everyone who is a horror fan that will love to see and will especially enjoy being pulled into the story plot and taken away with the characters as the plot unravels. Even Julie Alexander, film studies teacher at March Mountain High School (MMHS), thinks that the film is something worth seeing. “I think that almost anything that M. Night Shyamalan does it going to be intriguing or have a surprise ending,” she said during a recent interview.

Even though Alexander hasn’t seen the film yet she already knows that a film written and directed by M. Night Shyamalan is going to be a sight to see. Some MMHS students whom have already seen the film enjoyed it.

“I found the film to be very intense and a little trippy,” said Ashley Velasquez, MMHS Junior

“It was really interesting,” said Maria Estrada, MMHS senior

Like every other movie, this film does have its good parts and even some bad parts. Not every movie that  made will  be good from the beginning down to the end. “What I liked is that the character had different personalities. I did not like the ending, I feel like it could have ended better,” said Velasquez.

Some people  went to go see the film just because of other people’s reviews and feedback about what they thought of the film.

“I found out about this film through commercials and overhearing people talk about the film,” said, Alexander

This film was very intense and entertaining and is a good film to see film with friends.  M. Night Shyamalan’s movie Split is anyone’s best pick.