Upcoming Events Help to Relieve Senior Stress

Jonathan Jordan, contributor

+

For many March Mountain High School (MMHS) seniors, graduation will be a big step towards their adult life.

archana bhartia – Fotolia
hat tossing ceremony at graduation

This year, 90 students at MMHS will be graduating and many of them will attend some of the upcoming senior events. Students will get to enjoy a number of events such as prom, grad night, onsight pictures and of course the graduation itself. There were also some new activities introduced to seniors this year.

For the first time ever, senior packets were introduced. This packet included grad night, pictures, and the cap and gown all for $250. Onsight pictures were also introduced for the first time as well as a picture with a friend.

MMHS counselor Kim Arcos believes that seniors will enjoy these events. Joey Orellana, an MMHS senior who will graduate this year said, “I am most excited about grad night because the park is open all night and it is a great time to hang out with friends.”

He also really enjoyed the pictures. Some seniors like Orellana believe MMHS has played a big part in helping them graduate. The school has given students a second chance to make sure that they graduate.

Graduati0n will be on June 6th and will be held at Moreno Valley High School and will start at 6 pm and end around 8 pm. The event can be stressful but the senior events were made to make sure that students don’t get too stressed or anxious.