Seniors Prepare for Graduation Events

Savannah Brown, Contributor

ASB has organized several upcoming senior events this year at March Mountain High School (MMHS), which for many of the graduating students is the most memorable time of the year.

There are seven activities in total that will be held in April, May, and early June, which are: Prom, Grad night, a Mandatory Senior Graduation Practice, Graduation, and a Senior Breakfast.

March Mountain joined Canyon Springs High School for Prom on April 15th at the Yost Theater in Santa Ana, California. Prom started at 7:00 and ended  at 11:00 p.m. Tickets went on sale April 3rd through April 7th for $70. The full admission of prom included only an entry photo, others had to be paid for at the location.  

Grad Night will take place at Six Flags Magic Mountain on June 1st from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. the following day. Tickets cost $145 and must be purchased by May 15th. Students cannot ride in private vehicles to the location and must have a valid school I.d. to attend. According to Staci Hanks, MMHS ASB teacher, the full admission includes an all you can eat dinner buffet, a souvenir, and a return trip to the water park, Hurricane Harbor.

Graduates will attend a mandatory senior graduation practice on Monday, June 5th from 8:30 a.m to 11:00 a.m at MMHS. The practice will be held in the gym, where the senior group photo will also be taken.

The Graduation Ceremony is on Tuesday, June 6th. It will be held at Moreno Valley High School (MVHS) at 6:00 p.m. to approximately 8:00 p.m. Rehearsal begins at 3:30 p.m and students must bring their cap and gowns, those who do not have their cap and gown are not allowed to participate in the ceremony or rehearsal. It is suggested that those attending arrive early, seating is on a first come first serve basis.

Students who graduate by June 6th may pick up their diplomas on June 12th in the main office, those who graduate on June 7th or later have to pick up their diplomas after August 7th.

Jostens was on MMHS campus April 5th through the 6th and again on April 19th through the 20th to sell caps, gowns, and tassels for $35. Students who did not order their cap and gown during that time have until May 3rd to order them online.

The day following graduation is the Senior Breakfast from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on June 7th. Teachers and staff will cook for and serve their former students. March Mountain and March Valley School (MVC) are sponsoring this event and the environmental committee led by Shelly Harral, MMHS math teacher, will be in charge of decorations.  

Unfortunately there are students who cannot afford to attend these activities but “there are about 80% of teachers who donated over the past three years” for those students, according to Hanks. However, these teachers and staff would like to remain anonymous. If you are one of these students do not hesitate to visit Hanks in room 25.